Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mr. Moose






My son and I usually stop by the Elkin Goodwill Store on Saturdays. Today he found this plush, stuffed  moose head. It seemed to be attracting a lot of attention, and Donald said that he had to keep two old ladies from grabbing it away from him. Just plain strange. Actually, I kind of like the moose and named him "Mr. Moose" after the moose on Captain Kangaroo, the kid's show on tv in the 1950's (remember that?). I didn't do so well, and only found a "Peter Rabbit" (Beatrix Potter) vase and a snack dish that was made in Korea. Both are rather ordinary and not really worth photographing. Well, Spring Break ends tomorrow and both my grown children go back to their jobs at the college on Monday.....unless the bad weather comes in that they are predicting.  It has been a very unusual winter. It was 70 degrees today, and ice storm predicted tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday. Spring will come eventually....at least I hope so. 

God Bless!




1 comment:

Tanya said...

I like your moose too (and I remember Captain Kangaroo!) I'm not at all fond of real moose and deer heads that people display as hunting trophies (they make me shudder!) but a stuffed head seems like great fun!